Chrysler Repair/Location of reverse light switch

Question
QUESTION: We have a Chrysler Voyager 2.5crd 2003 diesel and need to know where the reversing light switch is to be found please
Many thanks

ANSWER: Hi John,
Which type of transmission do you have?
Roland

QUESTION: Sorry, forgot to mention that.  It's a manual transmission.

Answer
Hi John,
The switch is located on the far left end of the transmission, on the rear surface and has a two-wire plug (dark green/white and black/white). The manual suggests that it be accessed from under the van either by a lift or presumably you could jack-up the left front wheel and then go under with the safety of a jack stand in place.
But I must mention that the switch is simply a grounding device when you choose reverse and the circuit for actually sending power to the lights passes through the main power box and thence to the body control module which is what actually provides the power to the bulbs.
My suggestion would be to first check at the body control module which is located on the left side kick panel, directly in front of the door opening and under the dash*. It has 5 plugs numbered vertically and the second plug which is black on the inside, green on the inside and has a 34-pin plug and it is pin 9 of that plug and the wire there is white/light green. See if it shows 12v when you choose reverse with the key in the run position just to be sure there is power to the system. If not, then it could be the back-up switch or somewhere in the rest of the circuit; if so, then it is that wire that goes to the rear to light the lights that is 'open'. Alternatively you could indeed go to the back-up switch, remove ithe plug, and simply jump a wire between the sockets of the plug which is what the back-up lamp switch does and if that works, then indeed replace the switch.
I hope this proves helpful to you. If you can't find the switch I can attach a figure of the transmission to an email I would send to you directly. I would need to know your email address. But when you tell me that don't use the @ symbol instead use "at" or the address will be automatically erased.
Please 'rate' my answer (see below).
Thanks,
Roland
*Because of the right-hand drive, the bcm might be on the right side of the vehicle...I can't be sure.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston