Chrysler Repair/Power door locks 'cycle' for no apparent reason.

My 2004 chrysler sebring just started flicking lights because the power door locks are flicking for no apparent reason and the car is shut off. can you tell me what the problem is.

Hi Delenda,
Probably either the driver door or the passenger door is not closed tightly against the body. There is a door latch 'striker' mounted in the door frame which can be moved 'in' slightly by loosening a couple of screws that hold it in place so that then the door latch will be more firmly latching. You can tell which door it is by pushing outward on the doors when you have shut off the engine and set the power door locks to the latched position. One or the other of the doors will, when pushed outward, cause the power door locks to cycle.
Please 'rate' my answer (see below).
PS Sorry for the delay but I just found your question in the 'pool' to which Kevin had refetted it.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).