Chrysler Repair/Replacing water pump on 2002 Dodge Intrepid 2.7L

I see that you had answered someone on this before and offered the instruction sheets.  Is there any way you can send those to me.  I have the same issue and a family friend who is a mechanic is going to replace the pump and the timing chain system(if you think that should be done as well) but he needs the instructions/schematics to be sure he is doing it correctly.

I would appreciate any help you could give me on this!

Thank you,

ANSWER: Hi Lisa,
Yes, just send me a follow-up question where you tell me your email address and I will copy the pages from the '04 manual I have on CD as an attachment. Don't use the @ symbol but instead use 'at', otherwise the address is automatically erased. As to the chain that probably is not necessary to replace but it should be inspected.
Please 'rate' my answer (see below).

QUESTION: Email is lisa.tolson at

Is the '04 the same as the '02?

Hi Lisa,
I would believe the '04 manual will apply to your '02 engine as it was in production beginning in '98 or thereaboubts. I will send the pages shortly. Please be so kind as to rate my answer and consider a 'yes' to the question about a nomination of me to be 'volunteer of the month.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).