Chrysler Repair/shift solenoid: code 0755: '03 minivan

QUESTION: The vehicle is a 2003 dodge grand caravan 3.8 l 6 cil

On that transmission the assembly is on the the outside of the trans on the side that faces the front of the minivan. To get to it you remove the air filter assembly and you'll see the rectangular box.  Remove the multi-pin plug from the assembly. You remove the plug from the speed sensor just above the box, then the sensor itself unscrews. Then you can remove the three bolts on top that secure it in place and lift the assembly from the trans being careful not to get dirt or a fragment of gasket in the mounting place below the assembly. Reinstall is the same in reverse. Torque assembly bolts to 9 foot-pounds, torque speed sensor to 20 foot pounds, and torque electrical connector to 3 foot-pounds.
To check the wire from the solenoid to the tcm measure the continuity between pin 8 of the plug at the assembly to pin 19 at the plug of the tcm (dark blue/yellow wire).
The TCM is hidden behind the left front wheel splash shield (remove front wheel, then remove the splash shield. You should see the harness going into the hidden TCM).
Please 'rate' my answer (see below).

QUESTION: Hi Roland after i do this do i have to take the vehicle to the dealer to be reprogrammed or not thanks

Hi Al,
According to the manual the use of the DRB-III at a dealer to do the quick-learn is needed. However, there is a do-it-yourself procedure that was promlulgated in the early-90's for the earlier ETAX (A604)which involves doing repeated accelerations up to 45 mph and also repeated downshifts. It would best be done on a low traffic density highway or open paved-field area. You could compare doing that with the cost of the dealer doing with the DRB.

To see the procedure use the 'find' box and put in "Chrysler quick learn procedure" then pick the one dated August 22, 2011 which I wrote in response to another questioner.

Please rate my answer.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).