Chrysler Repair/Timing mark on harmonic balancer?

Is there a timings mark on the harmonic balancer and if so where should I look for it at and where is it

Hi Mike,
What is the year/size (L) of the engine and in which vehicle?
With the advent of engine computer controlled timing it is often the case that there is no such mark on the harmonic balancer because the crank shaft position sensor tells the controller where the crank shaft is positioned at all times. There is however a timing mark on the crankshaft sprocket proper (which is not visible unless the timing covers are removed) and that mark is used to install the timing belt/chain but is otherwise not relevant because the timing is done automatically and is out of your control. So for that reason there indeed may be no mark on the harmonic balancer if the engine is post-mid'90s vintage.
Please 'rate' my answer (see below).

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).