Chrysler Repair/1986 lebaron 2.2 turbo: MAP code

car runs great for about 25 minutes the acts like it runs out of gas. has plenty of gas in tank , new fuel pump, distrubuter. after it sets for a couple of hours, it starts right up like nothing ever happened.i tried starting fluid when it stalls out but doesn't fire.  it does have a code for map sensor on it. could this cause it or a relay??

Hi Roger,
Any time you show a fault code involving a sensor, and that sensor can impact the engine operation (such as acting like it is running out of gas...which could be a too lean mixture), then I would suggest that you check the wiring at the sensor for damage. Absent any noticeable damage I would then replace the sensor. The MAP sensor going off-value when heated up could well explain your problem, so I would suggest that you replace it.

There are two possible fault codes for the '86 Turbo MAP sensor: code 13 says the issue is related to the vacuum line from the throttle body to the sensor, and code 14 says it is related to the electrical connection from the sensor to the logic module. I suspect that it more likely the vacuum line connection. Let me know if you need more info about this sensor's location and connections.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).