Chrysler Repair/1986 lebaron 2.2 turbo: MAP code

Question
car runs great for about 25 minutes the acts like it runs out of gas. has plenty of gas in tank , new fuel pump, distrubuter. after it sets for a couple of hours, it starts right up like nothing ever happened.i tried starting fluid when it stalls out but doesn't fire.  it does have a code for map sensor on it. could this cause it or a relay??

Answer
Hi Roger,
Any time you show a fault code involving a sensor, and that sensor can impact the engine operation (such as acting like it is running out of gas...which could be a too lean mixture), then I would suggest that you check the wiring at the sensor for damage. Absent any noticeable damage I would then replace the sensor. The MAP sensor going off-value when heated up could well explain your problem, so I would suggest that you replace it.

There are two possible fault codes for the '86 Turbo MAP sensor: code 13 says the issue is related to the vacuum line from the throttle body to the sensor, and code 14 says it is related to the electrical connection from the sensor to the logic module. I suspect that it more likely the vacuum line connection. Let me know if you need more info about this sensor's location and connections.
Roland  

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston