Chrysler Repair/1995 Chrysler Concorde stereo/radio issue

Hello there,

The stereo on my '95 has been acting up lately: the button that switches between AM/FM radio appears to stop working and the radio is stuck on AM. Upon pressing the button, "scan" function is activated and the channels flip all over the place. Also, when the AM/FM button is pressed it displays the "SET 1" and "SET 2" text and toggles between the two randomly. I have had this problem in the past and found that pressing the AM/FM button incredibly fast somehow jarred it out of it's jam, but now that approach seems to be failing... any advice as to what I can do? Perhaps who I could take the stereo to?

Hi Zak,
I don't have any wiring diagrams for the audio systems nor manuals about that kind of a problem. Since you would have to remove it to get it to a shop I would suggest that you take a closer look at the am/fm button and the solder joints that attach it to the circuit board. It may be a 'cold' joint is all it is and so reheating the solder joints for that switch might be all that is needed, using a soldering pencil. You could spray some electrical contact cleaner on the inside of that switch as well. I hope this might succeed for you.
Please read the PS below and respond to it.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).