Chrysler Repair/2003 Chrysler T&C intermittent accessory problem

I have a 2003 T&C, with a 3.3L FFV motor. The problem I am having is INTERMITTENTLY AFTER I start my van, my radio, wipers, heater blower, and wipers will not work. After the van warms up, they will work....could be 5 minutes...could be an hour. If they key is in the accessory position, or run position(van not started yet), they work all the time. After looking at the diagram in my chiltons book, it said the ground control for the accesory relay comes from the FRONT CONTROL MODULE. I replaced change. I replaced the accesory change. I replace the Integrated power Module(fuse block)....still no change. I cleaned a couple of ground connections going to the change. I rigged up a relay to give a ground to the coil of the accesory relay, from a spare ignition switched wire coming off the ignition switch, and that made the  radio work, but the wipers still didnt. Any ideas? ever heard of this type of problem?

Hi Gerald,
The accessory relay is involved with the radio, power window, widow washer pumps, power outlets, and some other minor items but not the wipers nor the blower. I am not sure why the radio alone would need that grounding by-pass you did if the other items were not similarly impacted as is the radio. The accessory relay is activated by logic of some sort in the power distribution center proper, probably the 'run' position of the ignition switch which in turn is mediated by the body control module. The ignition switch has a large number of internal resistors and the position of the switch is inferred by the body control module based upon what voltages come from the various resistors in the switch. So it could even be an issue with the ignition switch!
The power to the accessory relay and wiper relay appear to both come from the same point inside the power distribution center, and so too the blower relay. When both/all are non-functional, I would be inclined to check if the 12v supply to the rear-most pin at each of the three relays is 'hot' as it should be with the key in the run position. I looked for a common ground fault but I don't find a single point that is shared by all three items. I assume you have checked fuse 4 for the wipers. So I lean toward a common failure of the 12v supply to the 3 relays that is intermittent, but why?
Please read the PS below and respond to it.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).