Chrysler Repair/2003 dodge grand caravan just shuts off when stopped at stop light

Question
QUESTION: My 2003 dodge grand caravan shuts off when at a stop it turns over but won't start

ANSWER: Hi Al,
Here is the answer to your question which is identical to the one you sent a day ago. I sent it to you earlier but apparently you didn't receive notification that I had responded to you:
"Hi Al,
Try turning the ignition switch: "on-off-on-off-on and leave on" doing that in 5 seconds or less elapsed time. Then watch the odometer window of the cluster to the mileage reading disappear and be replaced by either the work 'done' or by a 4-digit fault code number. If you get such a number let me know what it is.
If there is no number I would believe that the exhaust gas recirculation (egr) valve is sticking slightly ajar when you come to stop, which then kills the idle for being too lean. Here is what to do if there is no code:
The egr valve is located in a narrow diameter exhaust pipe that branches off the front exhaust manifold and is routed toward the rear of the engine, mounted sideways and under the throttle body. Once you find the valve notice that it has a round vacuum hose-operated top piece. the valve body proper which is connected to the exhaust pipe. and a flange between those two parts inside of which is hidden a rod which is the valve stem. The stem has a circumferential slot into which the tip of a screwdriver can be inserted to move the stem back and forth. You will notice spring-action in one direction which closes the valve.
What generally causes the stall is that exhaust fumes make the stem sticky such that it won't close tightly. What you need to do is spray some WD-40 on the stem where enters the valve body so as to free-up the 'action'. Move the stem back and forth after spraying it so that the spring action now closes the valve to a dead stop.
You will find the engine accelerates better and slows down to idle when you come to a stop better.
Please read the PS below and respond to it.
Thanks,
Roland"

I will await your progress on this problem which I believe is caused by what I have suggested that you do about it.
Thanks,
Roland

QUESTION: Did that wasn't that now I replaced the fuel pump but it just turns over but won't start any suggestions

Answer
Hi Al,
Are you saying that it is worse after you replaced the fuel pump? That would cause me to suspect the pump or the installation of it.
Do you hear the pump run for about a second after you turn the key to the "run" position? It should do that. It starts up again when you crank the engine over but you may not be able to hear it.
You could try a fault code readout using the ignition key: "on-off-on-off-on and leave on" doing that in 5 seconds or less elapsed time. Then watch the odometer window in the instrument cluster to see it begin to see the mileage reading disappear and be replaced by a 4-digit number preceded by a P. Let me know any such number and we'll from there.
I would also go back to the egr valve and make certain that the spring-action built-in to it has caused the valve stem to close to a dead stop. If it were still ajar that too would prevent a start.
Let me know what your learn.
Thank you,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston