Chrysler Repair/Follow Up: Cirrus Transmission: no power output after fluid change

Question
QUESTION: Just to clarify the issue with transmission in Neutral: the vehicle cannot be "rolled" in Neutral with the engine not running. Hopefully this is a clue to the problem.

ANSWER: Hi Gary,
I haven't heard or experienced a situation where the automatic locks up the car in that way.
Have you checked to see whether the hydraulic brakes might be locked up or the parking brake 'on'.
Let me know what you find from doing that. Try jacking up each wheel to see which are locked up.
Roland

QUESTION: So, I jacked up each wheel and all rotated freely. Then started the vehicle and let it warm to operating temperature, When I checked the transmission it appears to function normally.

Perhaps as you suggested the fluid needed some time to work out any air entrapment.

However when I rotated one of the front tires I heard a metal scrapping sound. I won't be able to remove the tire to check on the cause for another day or so. Any guesses on what the [problem might be?

Answer
Hi Gary,
The first thing I would look at is the thickness of the brake pads on that wheel. There are fitted to some pads, when installed new, some metal 'feelers' which when the pads thin to a pre-determined thickness these touch the rotor and produce an audible squeak to alert you to the fact.
Other than that, it could be the sound of a semi-metallic pad itself rubbing lightly on the rotor because it isn't retracting fully off the surface when you take your foot off the brake.
That could be due to either a brake hose that is breaking down in its lumen which impedes the return flow of fluid out of the caliper piston or the piston itself may be a bit sticky in its movement, or the slides upon which the caliper moves back and forth may be gummy. So all those are possible causes that you can check for.
I am pleased that the transmission finally returned to normal operation.
Feel free to do another rating and nomination of me, which would also count toward my effort.
Thanks,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston