Chrysler Repair/Right sliding door:'06 T& C

Chrysler T&C van 2006 right sliding door does not open or shut when pushing buttons
It makes a spinning noise and will not open. Electric lock works.

Hi Bill,
You didn't mention whether the door can be opened or closed by hand. If it can, then presumably it is not a problem with a mechanical binding up. It could be the latch is not releasing, so try operating it by power when it is ajar and see what happens. There are several possible causes if it won't work even that way. First check fuse 31 in the power box in the engine compartment which powers the system, though it probably is alright.
Try disconnecting the - post of the battery for a minute, then reconnect and try to operate the door again.
If that doesn't correct the problem then probably the best approach would be to try and get a fault code readout of the body control module using a code reader that is fairly sophisticated such as at a repair shop. The readout should be directed to the body control module and the reader should report any fault codes in sentences, not fault code numbers.
That readout would then limit the area that needs to be investigated for repair or adjustment.
There are 22 pages in the shop manual and 75 pages in the body control code manual about the sliding door. So in order to narrow down the search we do need to get that fault code readout.
Once we get that I can share the pages that apply via attachments to an email I would send to you directly.
Please see the PS below and respond to it.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).