Chrysler Repair/Solenoid pack, valve body removal.

Question
Hi

I'm trying to change my solenoid pack in my 02 Chrysler 300M. I can't get the valve body to drop. I followed the instructions provided (disconnected the trans range sensor cable, disconnected the shift cable from the shift lever, turned the shift lever clockwise till stopped, took down all bolts). The valve body won't drop. I'm thinking about prying on it but don't want to cause damage. Do you have any suggestions for how to get this valve body to drop?

Answer
Hi Jonathan,
About the only items that I see is that you may not have rotated the shift lever one position beyond the L position of the shifter. Because that position is not routinely used it may be 'stiff' to get to that. Then remove the lever.
It doesn't say how many bolts or where they are, so there could be a bolt or two that you haven't removed yet.
Let me know if either of these suggestions help.
Please read the PS below and respond to it.
Thanks,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston