Chrysler Repair/Solenoid pack, valve body removal.

I'm trying to change my solenoid pack in my 02 Chrysler 300M. I can't get the valve body to drop. I followed the instructions provided (disconnected the trans range sensor cable, disconnected the shift cable from the shift lever, turned the shift lever clockwise till stopped, took down all bolts). The valve body won't drop. I'm thinking about prying on it but don't want to cause damage. Do you have any suggestions for how to get this valve body to drop?

Hi Jonathan,
About the only items that I see is that you may not have rotated the shift lever one position beyond the L position of the shifter. Because that position is not routinely used it may be 'stiff' to get to that. Then remove the lever.
It doesn't say how many bolts or where they are, so there could be a bolt or two that you haven't removed yet.
Let me know if either of these suggestions help.
Please read the PS below and respond to it.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).