Chrysler Repair/1998 T&C stalling and rough idle

Question
Roland, I received the tests you sent from the '98 body diagnostic manual for the two fault codes. The tests refer to using a diagnostic readout box (DRB). Is there a way I can perform these tests without having access to a DRB? Also test 3A states to perform test 1A before proceeding. What is test 1A and is it needed?

Thanks,
Don

Answer
Hi Don,
Test 1A is to corroborate that there is appropriate connection for the DRB at the diagnostic data link. Specifically check that pin 4 is grounded and that there is 12v on pin 16. That is if you are using the DRB, otherwise it is not relevant.
As I skim over the #3 tests for the bcm it looks that you are basically doing continuity/resistance testing with the DRB for almost every step. So a multi-meter should probably allow you to do these tests. Look it over and see if that is not the case.
Good luck.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston