Chrysler Repair/1998 T&C stalling and rough idle

Roland, I received the tests you sent from the '98 body diagnostic manual for the two fault codes. The tests refer to using a diagnostic readout box (DRB). Is there a way I can perform these tests without having access to a DRB? Also test 3A states to perform test 1A before proceeding. What is test 1A and is it needed?

Hi Don,
Test 1A is to corroborate that there is appropriate connection for the DRB at the diagnostic data link. Specifically check that pin 4 is grounded and that there is 12v on pin 16. That is if you are using the DRB, otherwise it is not relevant.
As I skim over the #3 tests for the bcm it looks that you are basically doing continuity/resistance testing with the DRB for almost every step. So a multi-meter should probably allow you to do these tests. Look it over and see if that is not the case.
Good luck.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).