Chrysler Repair/2000 Chrysler Cirrus LXi accelerator problems

Question
hi there and thank you - my accelerator got stuck last night on my 2000 chrysler cirrus LXi as I was driving on the freeway, I got off the freeway onto a side street turned off the car, turned it back on and it revved up to 3 on the tachometer and wouldn't go down.  It is towed to a local auto repair.  My questions are:  is it a simple line replacement (my guess) or does this involve electronics?  The car has over 150K miles but runs great.  thank you.

Answer
Hi Maria,
I would believe that it involves purely mechanical binding at the pedal, the cable/sheath between the pedal and the throttle body valve, or the throttle body 'butterfly' valve shaft. Ideally just locating and lubricating the spot will do the trick. Let me know if you are told something major it involved and I can evaluate that. There is no electronic issue involved if it revs that high. There is an automatic idle speed control on the throttle body that is electric but I doubt that would ever rev the engine that high. None of these should be major costs.
Please read the PS below and respond to it.
Thanks,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston