Chrysler Repair/2004 Sebring in limp mode

Question
Ok, the code showing is 0700, generic trans code from what I gather.  

Thanks again.

165k mile 2004 Sebring in Limp mode and CEL on, speedo shows 10-15 mph at stop, will usually start off normal after setting for a while, goes into limp about 10 minutes in to driving.

second car for me, like to keep it since it's paid and in relatively good condition, or at least keep it running to trade in.

read a few boards, change out speed sensors, etc... could use some specific help.

Answer
Hi Nathan,
Correct, but that is not the whole story.
Then you need to get a fault code readout directly from the trans controller, using a plug-in code reader. A nationwide auto parts store like Autozone will often do that for free, or a shop will charge around $40. Get the 4-digit code numbers, ask what they mean, and what they propose to do. Let me know and we'll compare that to the shop manual.
Thanks for the rating and nomination. You can do that again if you choose, as up to 5 nominations per month are allowed.

Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston