Chrysler Repair/2004 sebring limp mode

165k mile 2004 Sebring in Limp mode and CEL on, speedo shows 10-15 mph at stop, will usually start off normal after setting for a while, goes into limp about 10 minutes in to driving.

second car for me, like to keep it since it's paid and in relatively good condition, or at least keep it running to trade in.

read a few boards, change out speed sensors, etc... could use some specific help.

thanks very much in advance for your assistance.

Hi Nathan,
Try turning the ignition switch: "on-of-on-off-on and leave on" doing that in 5 seconds or less elapsed time. Then watch the odometer window to see the mileage reading be replaced by 4-digit number(s) preceded by a P. Let me know what you see and we'll go from there.
It could be the output speed sensor but check for codes before throwing parts at the problem.
Please read the PS below and respond to it.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).