Chrysler Repair/2005 300C: code 0522

Question
Thank you Roland for that answer about the code for the Chrysler 300 C 2005, My engine light is on and has failed inspection due to this code, will this make the engine light go out if i do the increase in oil weight? code 522

Thank you

Answer
Hi Laurie,
Does the oil light go off when you are moving and the engine rpm is above 1,000 rpm?
If 'yes' and it only come 'on' when you are stopped but with the engine running, then the first step would be to change the engine oil to the next higher 'weight'. I would believe that increasing the weight will cause the code to cease, and the light to no longer come on. If that indeed is the case, you might also then briefly remove the battery's minus post remote cable attachment which is located at the right side strut tower in the right rear corner of the engine compartment. That would definitely cancel that previous code from the memory of the engine controller. Then drive it for a few days and then go for an inspection.
On the other hand, if 'no', the light stays on while you are in motion and with the engine running above 1,000 rpm, then I would suspect that the engine oil pressure sender is defective or leaking, or there is a problem with its wiring. Let me know if that is the case and instead of changing the oil the best approach would be to do some electrical measurements at the oil pressure sender. I can copy the pages from the '05 manual that tell how to do these measurements. I would need to know your email address which you can do by telling me in a follow-up question.
But when you list that address don't use the "@" symbol, instead use "at" otherwise the address will be erased. Alternatively, you could ask a new question and click on the box to make the question "private".
Thanks for the rating and nomination. I revised the answer to consider another possible readon for a 0522 code.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston