Chrysler Repair/'92 Dynasty/New Yorker: headlamp switch

I don't know what is wrong with the car now... I totally disconnected the headlight switch and all the lights stayed on? I wouldn't think that would be possible...would it? And I looked at my connector and all is see is B1,B2,B3,P,U, and H... I don't see an E1 or an I looking at the wrong things?

Sorry, the tan circuit E1 wire is connected to 'I' on the switch, and the black/yellow L7 wire for the dash/marker etc. lights is directly adjacent to 'I'. Both of those are close to 'H'.
What do you mean by "all the lights"? Tell me specifically, please. That sounds strange. indeed. Look at the wires going to the plug, are any of them frayed/shorting to one another?

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).