Chrysler Repair/'93 dodge carvan; No starter action

Question
my van wont firer up and the lights wont come on.. but everything else work, tail light , binkers, brake light whats wrong with this van

Answer
Hi Michelle,
It may just be a weak or discharged battery. The current required for the headlights is much greater than for the other lights you mention, and the current to turn the starter motor is very much greater. So the battery can do the small lights, but not the headlights (although those might glow dimly, look carefully for that.)
Do you hear a 'click' sound when you try the start position of the key? If so, then the circuit to activate the starter is o.k., but the battery is too weak to turn the engine.
Try getting a 'jump' from another car's battery, or get the battery charged at a service shop, or look at the sticker on the battery and compare the time frame since you bought it to the warranty life of the battery. Than if that doesn't solve the issue let me know and we can do some probing of the wiring for a fault that explains this situation.
Please read the PS below and respond to it.
Thanks,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston