Chrysler Repair/'93 dodge carvan; No starter action

my van wont firer up and the lights wont come on.. but everything else work, tail light , binkers, brake light whats wrong with this van

Hi Michelle,
It may just be a weak or discharged battery. The current required for the headlights is much greater than for the other lights you mention, and the current to turn the starter motor is very much greater. So the battery can do the small lights, but not the headlights (although those might glow dimly, look carefully for that.)
Do you hear a 'click' sound when you try the start position of the key? If so, then the circuit to activate the starter is o.k., but the battery is too weak to turn the engine.
Try getting a 'jump' from another car's battery, or get the battery charged at a service shop, or look at the sticker on the battery and compare the time frame since you bought it to the warranty life of the battery. Than if that doesn't solve the issue let me know and we can do some probing of the wiring for a fault that explains this situation.
Please read the PS below and respond to it.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).