Chrysler Repair/Accessory drive belt pulley: 3.3./3.8L

QUESTION: 96 town country can I unbolt and replace pulley from arm without removing many other parts?

ANSWER: Hi Greg,
Which L size engine do you have, and which pulley and pulley arm are you speaking of? Is the a drive belt tensioner arm and pulley? Is the pulley bad, or the arm itself also bad?
Let me know the answers to these questions.

QUESTION: it is a 3.3 and it is the bearing in the pulley the spring arm seems fine can I remove pulley only ,just changed the alternator what a hassel that was

Hi Greg,
There is no instruction in the manual about that belt tensioner pulley. I would suggest that you go to a dealer parts counter where the parts manual has drawings to see whether the pulley is sold separately and if so how it is attached. If not, then you have to remove the tensioner/pulley as a unit and that too would be shown as to how it is attached to the engine. You might find it easier to get to the tensioner if you went in from the wheel well sideways after removing the splash shield that separates the well from the engine compartment.
Please let me know what your find and how it goes.
Please read the PS below and respond to it.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).