Chrysler Repair/Battery light coming on 2002 Chrysler voyager

My 2002 Chrysler voyager is dying out on me. I jump started it and then replaced the battery. My battery light still comes on and the van wants to die out on me. Also all the electrical things go haywire before it dies out. Is it the alternator?

Hi Marco,
The battery light staying "on" does mean that the voltage on the system is below specification which usually does mean the alternator is not putting out the power it is supposed to. You could check out the alternator wiring and the drive belt and if those look OK then chances are very good you need to rebuild or replace the alternator. Let me know which engine you have and I can tell you what steps are involved in that.
Please read the PS below and respond to it.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).