Chrysler Repair/engine won't start on 01 sebring

Question
QUESTION: Hello I have a 2001 sebring LX with a 2.7L engine that won't start.  engine turns over and it sounds like it wants to start but doesn't so don't think its the starter.  radio and lights work fine so I don't think its the battery.  I sprayed starter fluid to see if it would start and didn't help.  fuel pump makes a noise when you turn the key so sounds like the fuel pump is good. are their any electrical tests I can do to test if the engine is getting a spark?  

I have noticed that after sitting for awhile after running the car the battery light would come on, but it seems like the battery is doing its job since its powering the starter and the lights and radio work.

ANSWER: any codes in the computer?   also  when the battery light comes on that's an alternator issue.

QUESTION: check engine light is  on  when I  try  to  start  it  but  can't  check  for  codes. I  just  tried  measuring  the  voltage  to  the  engine coils ( green  and  Orange  wires)  and  got  nothing  when  key  was  in  on  position.  what  could  that  mean?

Answer
do the key on off trick to get the code  the car does not need to be running for that   and second  U cant check the voltage for the coils like that because the ASD relay is only active for 2 seconds until eh engine is running  so U will never have voltage unless cranking or running of the engine,

Chrysler Repair

Kevin