Chrysler Repair/Heater Problem, Driver's side: '06 300C

I have a 2006 Chrysler 300C.  I went to use the heater yesterday and found that the drivers side is blowing cold air and the passenger side is blowing hot air.  Why is the drivers side blowing cold air.

Hi Terry,
The 'blend air' door for the driver side is probably out of adjustment or not working. Fortunately there is a procedure for calibrating the actuators that moves all the doors in the HVAC unit. Unfortunately, with the automatic temp control type of unit that you have it requires the interposition of what is called a 'diagnostic readout box' to do that calibration. It only takes 90 seconds of time, so it should be a minimal charge for a dealer to do that and as well to tell you if the process was successful and if not what is the fault code number which was revealed in the calibration process.
I can then, if there is a fault code, describe where the blend door actuator is located and if it needs to be replaced how to do that. But give the calibration/fault code readout process a try as the first step. I wish you didn't have to go to a shop but unfortunately that is needed as the first step.
On earlier year models another approach was to start the engine, run the unit asking for full cold for 2 minutes, then ask for full hot for 5 minutes, and see if the unit might recognize its being out of adjustment and self-correct. It is worth a try.

Please read the PS below and respond to it.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).