Chrysler Repair/Light/Electrical problem

I have a  1992 Dodge Dynasty 3.3 V6. Every time I turn the headlights on my gauge panel quits working so I have no speedometer, my oil pressure and heat  gauges max out. I have already checked my fuses and they are fine and I have already replaced the headlight switch and that has not fixed the problem. I am having a hard time finding where the ground wire is located and I cannot find a wiring diagram online.  I am not sure what to try next...can you help?

Hi Karla,
I have the wiring diagrams and I'll take a look. Be right back with what I learn.
In the meantime, can you tell me if this is a conventional cluster or an electronic cluster? Also, does the speedo quit/gauges go to max when you try just the parking lamps? And becsides the speedo and temp/oil pressure going max, does anything else work? Do you have daytime running lamps?

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).