Chrysler Repair/2001 300m seat memory

Question
hi I have a 2001 Chrysler I'm i had the seat memory module replaced because the the seat would not hold the setting for the recline position. if i sit in the car and keep locking and unlocking the car 1 out of 4 times the recline will lean back much further then set in he memory i then have to reset it again any help would be appreciated

thanks
Walt

Answer
Hi Walt,
It appears to me that the system involves the power seat switch, the module and the recliner motor. I am not certain why the system would not 'remember' 1 out of 4 times. It would seem that the things you can check with an ohmmeter/continuity tester are the reliability of the seat switch section for the recliner positioning, the wires that connect it to the module and then the wires that run from the module to the recliner motor. To do all that the seat has to be removed from the vehicle. I have the '04 manual on CD which probably applies to the '01 from which I can copy selected pages and attach them to an email which would show the wiring diagram and the removal of the seat. Ideally you would find a flaky wire or switch. There is no specific instruction for the particular issue you are having.
If you want the pages tell me your email address. Click on the 'private' response and let me know the address, but use 'at', not @ so the address won't be erased.
Please read the PS below and respond to it.
Thanks,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston