Chrysler Repair/2004 sebring 2.7 crank but no start

Question
QUESTION: replaced oil pump put back together .chain timing marks all lined up, engine spins freely but i do not have any spark at the plugs.is there a way i can see if there is voltage at one of the coils. every thing seems to be pluged in correctly.

ANSWER: Hi John,
The 12v supply to the coils comes from fuse 24 in the power distribution box under the hood. That in turn comes from the automatic shutdown relay that itself gets the 12v from fuse 14.
So see whether fuse 24 shows 12v when you are cranking it over. You can check at any of the dark green/light green wires at the coils as well.
Did you try turning the key 'on-off-on-off-on and leave on" doing that in 5 seconds or less elapsed time? The watch the odometer window to see of the mileage reading is replaced by a 4-digit number preceded by a P. That might give us a fault code clue as to why it isn't starting.
Please read the PS below and respond to it.
Thanks,
Roland

QUESTION: both fuses apear to be good.stillno voltage at coil. i checked the trouble code at key and it came up p 1684

Answer
Have you checked for voltage on fuse 24 when you first turn the key to "run". It should show for about 1 second when the autoshutdown relay closes. It then opens until you start cranking via the starter motor. Let me know whether the ASD relay appears to be closing for that 1 second or not, and then whether is closes when you start cranking.
1684 just says the battery was disconnected (as seen from computer's point of view) sometime in the past 50 starter motor operation.
Please rate my answers.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston