Chrysler Repair/2005 Pacifica Blend Door Gear

Hello, I have a 2005 Pacifica with dual-zone manual climate control and like several others have posted, I've had problems with the gear or spline on the blend door getting out of sync with the gear that it meshes with. Normally, with a little force, I can move the gears to get them back in sync and then everything works fine for a few months. This last time that I tried to adjust them the gear on the blend door broke. Is there a way to replace this gear. Do you have a Part number? Is it an easy process? Thanks!

Hi Dan,
I reviewed the question of how to deal with a broken gear on the blend door. While that specific problem is not discussed it is the case that any internal problem with the air distribution requires that the air distributing housing part of HVAC unit has to be removed from HVAC unit as a whole. Further, to remove that housing requires the removal of the entire HVAC unit as a whole from under the dash.  And that then involves removing of a great many connections of the unit to the car (heater/ac lines) and removal of the instrument panel in its entirety. All those are described in the '05 manual but it is apparently a very lengthy job.
I can only suggest that you examine the broken off gear and the part of the door to which it was originally attached if you can see that. Might it possible to use some two-part expoxy to reattach the gear to the door? I have used "J-B Weld" brand of epoxy to do such tasks.
The instructions for all the procedures for removal and installation probably is covered on 2-3 dozen pages in the manual which would be a bit of a task for me to do, one page at a time and attach to an email. It is possible but not something I would like to undertake if an alternative were worth trying. You might do well to go to a dealer parts department and ask to look at the parts manual to see if the door only can be purchased if you do decide to to that long route.
Please let me know of your decision.
Please read the PS below and respond to it.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).