Chrysler Repair/'93 concorde shuts down on bumps...

I guess I exceeded the number of follow up questions in a thread? There was no link to post another follow up. Well I did what you suggested and played with the wires while the car was running and it shuts down when I jiggle the map sensor wires. I took the plenum off to get a better look at the wires and they seem pretty good so I'm guessing grounding issue?

Hi Steve,
I would check the continuity and connections of all 3 wires at that sensor. The violet/white wire goes to pin 6 of the powertrain control module and carries 5 volts, the black/light blue wire is a grounding reference wire to pin 4 of the pcm, and the dark green/red wire is the signal and it goes to pin 1 of the pcm. Any one of those wire could be the cause.
Thanks for the rating and nomination.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).