Chrysler Repair/'99 Minivan: power door locks cycling repeatedly

QUESTION: Hi Roland,

Chrysler Grand Voyager 1999, 3.3L Benzin

After turning of the engine and locking the door with the key fob, the central locking is locking over and over again about every 30s.

Thank you very much in advance

ANSWER: Hello Leszek,
I am not certain why the power door locks keep attempting to lock. One possibility is that one of the door lock motors is not working well (refuses to lock the door) and the body computer (which operates the system) keeps trying to lock it. So see whether one of the doors is not actually locked and if so try to lubricate that door's lock.
Another approach would be to disable the power door lock function entirely. If you look at the fuse box under the instrument panel you will see a row of 10 sockets (5 of which are filled) directly underneath the four large plugs at the top of the box. In the #3 socket (counting from the left) is the fuse-like device called (called a positive temperature control) and if you remove that particular #3 ptc the power to operate the door locks will be disconnected. You can still use the door key or the mechanical push buttons to lock up the vehicle.
Please read the PS below and respond to it.
Thank you,

I have just disconnected the relay.
I works like you described.

But I still wonder if there ist eny solution to the original problem.
I was able to find the same questions on the internet. People
were trying to solve this problem, but I could not find any solution.

For example this

I have disconnected my battery several times. Do you think that disconecting this IOD fuse can do the trick?
Will the BCM be separatly reseted in this way?

Thank you,

You could try the IOD fuse, certainly.
All I can suggest is that the power locks can be set to lock automatically when the vehicle speed exceeds 15 mph, or that feature can be cancelled. I do believe that when the body computer can't successfully lock all the doors it tries to lock them again.
So that is why I suggested checking all the doors to see if one of them is not actually locked, and then try to improve that power door lock function by lubricating the mechanism.
I am not a member of that forum so couldn't look it up.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).