Chrysler Repair/'99 PT Cruiser: codes 0731, 0733

Question
I have a 99 pt cruzer will not shift out of 1st   codes 700  731    733 show     aby ideas

Answer
Hi Dennis,
Those codes say that there is an incorrect ratio between the output and input speed sensors of the transmission in 1st and 3rd gears. There is a long list of possible causes, but they group into 2 'fixes'. The least expensive is to replace the solenoid/pressure switch assembly which is on the outside of the transmission and is a quick job, mainly the cost is for the assembly because individual parts are not sold for it. I would start there. If that doesn't fix it then the transmission has to be removed and internal repairs done.
Let me know if you want to do the assembly replacement yourself and I can tell you the steps.
Please read the PS below and respond to it.
Thanks,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston