Chrysler Repair/Chryslar 300 will not shut down, now won't start.

QUESTION: my cryslar 300 would not shut down after turning the car off. so i disconnected the battery and now my car will not turn on.

ANSWER: Hi Adlefa,
That sounds like you have a defective ignition switch or a problem in the wires that are connected to that switch. When you say it won't start, do you mean the starter motor won't rotate the engine, or that it does but the engine won't start? Tell me the model year of the vehicle.
Please read the PS below and respond to it.

QUESTION: 2007, no the starter motor will not rotate. when you turn the key nothing happens. no noise like trying to start or anything. Lights on dashboard are on, but turn key nothing, no sound or anything.

ANSWER: If you hear no sound whatsoever when you turn the key to 'run' and also no sound whatsoever when your turn the key to start, then it appears to me you have an ignition switch problem. That is also suggested because the key didn't turn off the engine earlier. There should be the sound of the fuel pump for a moment when you turn the key to run and the start relay in the engine compartment to click (inside the power box under the hood) when you turn the key to 'start'. So absent any such sounds I would believe you have an ignition switch failure. If you have a voltmeter I can tell you how to check out the switch, or I can tell you how to remove and replace it. The battery could be discharged, but the fuel pump and the starter relay should still make the noises even then if the switch were good. Be sure the battery cables are tight on the battery posts.
Please rate/nominate me.

QUESTION: there is a sound the power box under the hood. It is a clicking sound whenever we turn the key to start engine.

If you hear a click once, or even repetitive clicks, that likely means that the voltage output of the battery is too low to activate the starter motor. I would believe that the battery is discharged, worn out, or not well connected. If you have checked the clamps at the battery posts, then I would check the other ends of the black wires connected to the - post clamp just in case one of those might be loose which is the only other reason for too low a voltage on the system.
If that checks out, then if you have jumper cables and another vehicle to help, then try doing a jump from the known good battery to your battery. + to +, and - to -. You might want to have the other car running at the time you do the battery jump. Then see if that causes the starter motor to work.
Thanks for the rating and nomination, which you are entitled to do again if you choose.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).