Chrysler Repair/Follow up 2006 T & C

Question
Hello Roland,

I forgot to get back to you. On the thermostat issue, one of the stakes was just a little to high and leaked by the stat. Ground it down, stat works fine now.
I asked you about the poor gas mileage. 10 MPG. I had replaced the oxygen sensors. The lower (Down stream) was still not working properly. What was needed is to remove the battery negative cable. This resets the PCM to react to the new sensors.
The down stream worked better, but is still to slow. MPG still the same.
If I find something else I will follow up.
We have a lot of snow and very cold !

Thanks for all your help !  MERRY CHRITMAS, HAPPY NEW YEAR !!

GCM

Answer
Thanks for the update. That is correct about disconnecting the battery to cancel out fault codes stored in the PCM memory, but I am surprised that the PCM didn't automatically notice that the downstream sensor was putting out a different signal. I wonder if it really didn't actually see the revised sensor signal, and merely what you found out was that the former fault code is now erased by disconnecting the battery, instead. Keep looking for new codes.
I am pleased that the temps are now in the proper range. Perhaps when the weather and road surfaces are more normal you will find the mpg to be better. I don't know what you should be expecting. For example, I was just visiting my son in Western Washington State where he has a late 80' VW Vanagon water-cooled and was concerned that he was getting only 15 mpg. It was around freezing and has had some snow on the ground.
I know that the vehicle is fairly new to you, so it may be that it EPA mpg is not too different from the 15-20 mpg range.
You are welcome. And I wish you a very happy holiday week ahead.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston