Chrysler Repair/indicator lights

The malfunction indicator light came on in combination with a lightning bolt between two lines.I do not know what the lightning bolt between two lines mean, but the lighting bolt went off and the malfunction indicator light stayed on.Can you tell me what is going on with my car.Oh is a 2006 dodge charger rt.

HI Tasha,
I will look in the manual about the lightning bolt indicator and get back about that. The malfunction indicator, about the engine I would presume, shows there is a fault that has been recognized and logged as a 4-digit number in the memory of the computer. Turn the ignition switch 'on-off-on-off-on and leave on" doing that in 5 seconds or less elapsed time. Then watch the odometer window of the speedo to see the mileage replaced by a 4-digit number. Tell me the number and we'll go from there.
Please read the PS below and respond to it.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).