Chrysler Repair/rack and pinion interchangable?

Question
Is a Chrysler 1997 t&c 3.8 XL all wheel drive rack and pinion interchangeable with a Plymouth voyager 1998 3.0 front wheel drive? Thanks for your help, Don

Answer
Hi Don,
The manuals don't make a distinction as to the remove and install based upon the model, and those being just a year apart should likely be inter-changeable. The best way to verify would be to check at a Chrysler dealer parts counter and have them tell you the part number for the steering gear of the two vehicles and see if they are identical or not.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston