Chrysler Repair/no start 2004 sebring conv. 2.7

its me again with the no start after oil pump change.put new cam position sensor no start.unplugged sensor and it started briefly.also when we were putting it back together and i hooked up the ground cable it seemed to spark more than i thought it would.when i probed pin 13 engine was not cranking,tomorrow i will have a helper and i will re probe 13.thanks for all your help !!!!

Hi John,
One thought: there are some plugs that are identical and so you can interchange them if they are near to one another and you have them apart. Like the cam and crank sensors have the same plug, and differ only in the wire on pin 3, which is tan/yellow for the cam and gray/black for the crank. So look around for all those possibilities which if any two were switched would cause the problem.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).