Chrysler Repair/U0001, 00121, 0141-codes on chrysler 300

Question
My car codes are P0700 P0430 U0001 U0121 U0141. After taking car in to a local auto mechanic with limited ability to read the codes with his scanner. Stated that the transmission control module (TCM) may need replacement. When I went to price the TCM over the phone. The dealership parts department stated that this model did not have a TCM. I AM TOTALLY AT A LOST.

Answer
Hi Jan,
There may not be a TCM in your vehicle because that is now combined with the engine control module in a single unit that deals with both parts. I believe the P0700 code may have been why he said that, as it does point to a problem involving the transmission but that may not be the true cause of the codes.
The 0430 is a code about one of the pollution control sensors on the exhaust system which is a simple replacement.
The three U codes do point toward some sort of a problem with the digital communication system that weaves together many different operating parts of the car. It could be due to a wire being shorted/open, or it could be due to one of the operating parts that are woven together having failed and thus impacted the system. There is a step-by-step procedure for sorting out which of the 10 possible causes for the U codes is the reason. I have the '06 manual on a CD and could copy those pages and attach them to an email if you tell me your email address. If you do, don't use the @ symbol, instead us 'at'.
You will either want to find a knowledgeable repair shop or the dealer to sort out the problem using the pages I have. It is  very important to not just buy parts in the hopes that will solve it.
Please read the PS below and respond to it.
Thanks,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston