Chrysler Repair/01 voyager: power steering not working

I have a 01 voyager that had p/s noise on cold start and was hard to steer from time to time. so i flushed the fluid, the noise was worse and the steering was a little better so i replaced the p/s pump and reservoir with all new fluid. now the noise is gone and steering is so hard i feel like im going to break something, i have checked all the lines no kinks and no leaks. when u look in the reservoir u can see the fluid turning/so pump is working. i have jacked up the front end and turned the wheel back and forth with cap of for total of 1 hr. still too stiff to drive what can it be.

Hi Luke,
It could be the power steering gear itself. Does the fluid seem foamy? Is it maintaining level with no leaks? Is the pump drive belt adjusted properly (not slipping)?
There are a set of tests that can be done using a special tool (Chrysler no. 6815) which can measure fluid flow and pressure, both). I can copy the pages that describe the tests if you can get a hold of the test tool, and I can attach those pages to an email. But I need to know your email address. When you tell me that don't use the @ symbol but instead use 'at', otherwide the address gets erased automatically.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).