Chrysler Repair/'07 T&C - Sliding door opens, then closes

Question
I have an '07 T&C.  I just replaced the passenger side sliding door harness after the 2nd set of wires broke, but now, on the drivers side, about 20% of the time if you activate the sliding door, it opens (seemingly all the way), then closes immediately.  My granddaughter thinks I'm messing with her when she's climbing in, and doesn't think its funny.  Is there a sensor or something to tell the door to stop?  Thanks!

Answer
Hi Dave,
There are two possible causes as I read the manual:
first, if the door while opening slows in its speed due to some sort of obstruction then the control module is programmed to stop and reverse direction.
second, there is a 'hold open latch' which should retain the door in the open position until it it ordered to release the door to begin the close. That latch could be out of adjustment
The control of the door is by a digital module which is sophisticated. A diagnostic trouble cone may be stored in its memory that will suggest what may be wrong. I suspect that this rewuires the Chrysler DRB III device or similar level of readout box to do that. There is a 'learn' procedure mediated by the DRB which is invoked when parts are replaced, such as on the passenger side recently.
Please 'rate' my answer (see below).
Thanks,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston