Chrysler Repair/'07 T&C - Sliding door opens, then closes

I have an '07 T&C.  I just replaced the passenger side sliding door harness after the 2nd set of wires broke, but now, on the drivers side, about 20% of the time if you activate the sliding door, it opens (seemingly all the way), then closes immediately.  My granddaughter thinks I'm messing with her when she's climbing in, and doesn't think its funny.  Is there a sensor or something to tell the door to stop?  Thanks!

Hi Dave,
There are two possible causes as I read the manual:
first, if the door while opening slows in its speed due to some sort of obstruction then the control module is programmed to stop and reverse direction.
second, there is a 'hold open latch' which should retain the door in the open position until it it ordered to release the door to begin the close. That latch could be out of adjustment
The control of the door is by a digital module which is sophisticated. A diagnostic trouble cone may be stored in its memory that will suggest what may be wrong. I suspect that this rewuires the Chrysler DRB III device or similar level of readout box to do that. There is a 'learn' procedure mediated by the DRB which is invoked when parts are replaced, such as on the passenger side recently.
Please 'rate' my answer (see below).

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).