Chrysler Repair/2.4L crankshaft sensor location?

where is the 2004 Sebring 2.4 convertible crankcase sensor location?

Hi Gary,
What aspect of the engine is being "sensed"? I am not familiar with such a sensor in the crankcase. Perhaps you mean the CrankSHAFT sensor? If that is the case, the that is located on the firewall side of the engine, toward the front of the engine near the accessory drive belts. It has a 3-wire plug with orange, gray/black, and black/light blue wires. A single bolt holds in in place. It is just above the upper edge of the oil pan and the oil drain plug is below it as well, for reference as to the position of it. It is most easily accessed if you jack up the right front wheel and support the body on a jack stand for safety purposes.
Pleae 'rate' my answer (see below).

PS Thanks for the rating...and I believe the sensor is hidden behind the 'power steering pump' rather than the 'starter' which you mentioned in your rating.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).