Chrysler Repair/2004 Chrysler Sebring conv LX 2.7L

I was driving on the interstate around Xmas and my stereo shut off out of nowhere. I stopped at a rest stop to check things out and found that the following also no longer worked:
- power locks
- power mirrors
- interior lights
- trunk release
- vanity mirrors
- info center in center of dash resets with the ignition

And these work fine:
- hvac
- headlights, tail lights, turn signals
- dash lights
- wipers
- power windows
- fog lights
- cigarette lighter outlets

I have still been driving it and it starts and runs as well as ever, even in below 0 temps. I tried using a scan tool but the OBD2 port has no power. Looked at all the fuses and didn't see any bad ones. The radio has power sometimes because the lights come on, but won't actually turn on. Once in a while I can get the doors to unlock with the switch but only once. Usually if I try to use one of the things that don't work, it dings like a dash light should come on but nothing comes up. Also, I don't know if this is a related problem or not, but my brake lights stopped working last week. If I go more than probably 10/15 seconds without using them, then that makes it ding too. I'll be trading it in in two weeks so I won't spend a lot to fix it but I'd really like to know what's wrong. Help would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Hi Nick,
I believe if you look at fuse #5 in the box behind the left end cap of the dash you will find that it is either blown or has a crack in its internal wire. That fuse seems to be involved with almost everything that you listed.
Please 'rate' my answer (see below).

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).