Chrysler Repair/'95 Concorde turns over but won't start

Question
My 95 chrysler concorde turns over but wont start. Starter and fuel pump are good. I changed the fuel filter in the last year. It is acting like it wants to start but can't quite get there. Could it be plugs? Or a distributor cap? The only code I get is 55. Whats wrong?

Answer
Hi Joseph,
I assume that you are getting spark when you check for that at one of the spark plug caps or that 'it wants to start' indicates there is some sort of ignition is going on which you detect.
If that is the case and you have no relevant codes then I would suggest that you look at the exhaust gas recirculation (egr) valve to determine if it might be stuck ajar because the valve stem is gummed up. If you know where the egr is then look between the round vacuum hose operated top piece and the body of the valve proper where you will see a flange that conceals a rod with a circumferential slot (the valve stem) into which you can insert the tip of a secrewdriver and thus move the stem back and forth. An internal spring-action will try to close the valve and that should do so moving it to a full-stop position. If it is sticky in its action then spray sone WD-40 on the valve stem where it enters the valve body and work it some more. Then try to start the engine.
If you don't know where the valve is let me know whether you have the 3.3L or 3.5L engine.
Please 'rate' my answer (see below).
Thanks,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston