Chrysler Repair/'95 LeBaron: radio/dash warning lights/quarter window

I have a 1995 Chrysler LeBaron Convertible with 46 thousand miles on it. I don't drive it much and I went for a short drive and realized the radio was not working and the idiot lights and rear passenger window won't go down. Everything else works fine. All the other windows go down, heat/defrost/lighter/seats and side mirrors all work. Signals all work as well as brake lights and instrument panel lights up. What could be going on. I would appreciate any help. Car has been parked for about four months.

Thank You

Hi Rae,
On the radio, start by checking fuse 27 in the fuse box. By 'idiot lights' specically what do you mean? If these are the warning lights on the cluster there is a fuse 16 that provides power to them but also to the gauges of the cluster so if the gauges work then that fuse must be alright. I would have to look more clesely at the cluster wiring to see why all the warning lights would not work and yet tha gauges be working. On the quarter window failure, you could check the power getting to the switch but chances are it is the motor/mechanism itself that has shut down. I would suggest you start by bringing the question to a Yahoo Autos group called the Chrysler LeBaron Club where there are many knowledgeable convert owners who can tell you where to get the replacement parts and how to install. I can xerox copy and postal mail those pages to you when you are ready to remove and replace the quearter window mechanism.
Please 'rate' my answer (see below).

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).