Chrysler Repair/'97 Chrysler LHS Heater Blower on high

I have a problem with my 1997 Chrysler LHS. The heater blower is on full blast and there is no control with the fan switch. Temperature seems to be working fine but I can't control the heater blower. Any ideas?

Hi Jay,
I assume this is an automatic temp control type. If so, then that is a problem with a failed blower control module which is located in the side of the HVAC unit under the dash which faces toward the rear of the car. If you remove the underdash edge panel on the right side it will give you good visual access. The blow motor is at the far right end, and you will see a pair of twisted wires coming from the blower to the blower control module plug. Just remove that plug, then remove the two screws on either side of the socket and the module will pull staight back and out of the box. Get another module at a wrecking yard or buy a new one and replace the burned out one.
Please 'rate' my answer (see below).

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).