Chrysler Repair/airbag: OCS (occupant classification sensor) fault code

QUESTION: hi my van is 2006 Chrysler town and country limited . occupant classification sensor i got the code  from my scanner the airbag didn't deploy the module has no code the dealer don't have the  occupant module can i bypass the occupant sensor some one told to buy new airbag module and don't plug the occupant sensor , the airbag will work but with out the occupant sensor thanks.

ANSWER: Hi Mike,
Can you tell me the exact wording of the code? I can share a few pages from the manual about the occupant sensor system and a few pages about the code that you have but I need to know its exact name. I suspect it may just be a problem with a wire connected to the sensor in the seat proper so I wouldn't buy anything before checking out that possibility and reading the manual pages. The system is complex such that you don't want to do anything to it until you read these pages. Also tell me your email address so I can send you the pages. But don't use the @ symbol, instead use "at" or the address will be erased.
Please 'rate' my answer (see PS below).

QUESTION: hi that what Liam getting from the scanner occupant classification module i called my mechanics today and he told me need calibration because the car was in accident on the right side no air bag was deployed that my e-mail address thanks very much

Hi Mike,
I believe that the calibration can be accomplished easily if the mechanic has the shop-level diagnostic readout box, and it should not be a bid deal. I will send you 8 pages about the system in general and a specific protocol to follow that may be applicable to the history of your vehicle, as attachment to an email.
Please 'rate' my answer (see PS below).

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).