Chrysler Repair/Front brake disassembly/assembly

I have a 1988 Chrysler Lebaron. I am replacing front brakes the little springs are they importent cant remember how they go. Cant find a book on them Thanks

Hi Robert,
You now know why when doing brake work it is always suggested to do them one at a time so that you can reference to the other side for how they look when assembled!
I can try to describe where the 2 (or perhaps 3) wires go:
The inboard pad has its anti-rattle spring mounted on the smaller of the upper ears, with the v-bend on the outer surface of the ear and the curve looping around to the rear. The bottom of the v points toward 2 o'clock.
The outboard pad has its small spring mounted on the lower ear with the middle part of the spring on the outside of the pad and the two ends looping around top and bottom of the ear to the rear side of the pad. I hope this might help you get these on. If there is a second spring on that pad it would be on the upper end with the straight end of the clip pointing upwars on the outer surface of the pad then bending horizontally backward and around to the inside of the pad.
I do have access to the '87 manual for the Kelsey Hayes brake that does use the springs. There is on one page a couple of figures that show the springs as installed. I can photocopy and postal mail that page to you. Sorry I don't have anyway to send it electronically. Let me know your postal mailing address and I will send you all that I have on the these springs.
Thanks for the rating and nomination.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).