Chrysler Repair/drivers power seat won't move for/aft: '00 300

Mr. Finston,
I have a 2000 Chrysler 300M which has what appears to be a failed center motor assembly on the drivers power seat. The seat will adjust front height, rear height and lean up and back (on the seat back), but the seat is full forward and the motor just clicks when trying to move it back.
I've looked around to see about a replacement and instructions on how to replace it, but can't find anything.
Can you please point me in the right direction to get a replacement center motor assembly and how to replace it?

Hi James,
The '04 manual says that the seat track is sold as a unit and individual motors aren't sold!
So you may want to go to a wricking yard.
Try the seat movement with the dome light 'on'. It it dims when you try to move it then that would suggest a mechanical binding up on the track and thus you would want to remove the seat and check to see if you can find something that is jaming up the movement. I can copy the pages from the '04 manual about removing the seat and attach those to an email. I need to know your email address to do that. If you let me know it, don't use the @ symbol but instead use "at" or the address will be erased from your follow-up question.
Please 'rate' my answer (see below).

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).