Chrysler Repair/gas leaking
sorry about previous question re leakage on car when filling with gas. my car is a 2004 intrepid. when i try to fill gas - the gas will just barely trickle in and usually stops and runs out over flo.
The fuel tank is slow to fill because of lack of venting.
Qty. Part No. Description
AR (1) **05016387AC Valve Kit, Fuel Control (2000-2001)**
**AR (1) 05080751AA Valve Kit, Fuel Control (2002-2004)**
AR (1) 04581319AB Tube, Fuel Filler, **(2000-2001)**
**AR (1) 04581390AA Tube, Fuel Filler, (2002-2004)**
AR (1) 04581236 Filter, LDP Air
NPN Appropriate Gasoline Container
NPN 1/4 in. Ball Bearing
1. Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable.
2. Use the appropriate service manual procedures to lower the fuel tank
from the underside of the vehicle.
3. Inspect the vent lines between the fuel tank and evaporative canister for a
possible kinked or plugged condition. Correct as necessary.
Fig. 1 FUEL TANK ASSEMBLY
1 - FUEL CONTROL VALVE
2 - LDP FILTER
4. Inspect the LDP filter for being plugged. The LDP filter may become
plugged by aftermarket undercoating or other debris. If the filter is found
to be plugged, replace it with p/n 04581236.
5. Disconnect the hoses from the fuel control valve.
6. Use a hammer and brass drift to remove the fuel control valve lock ring.
7. Remove the fuel control valve from the fuel tank and determine the mold
cavity number, refer to (Fig. 2). If the mold cavity number is 4, replace
the control valve with p/n 05016387AA.
NOTE: IF THE VALVE WAS STUCK CLOSED, THE SYSTEM WOULD BE
UNABLE TO VENT CAUSING A SLOW FILL CONDITION. IF THE VALVE
WAS STUCK OPEN, THE VEHICLE COULD BE "OVERFILLED" CAUSING
LIQUID FUEL CARRY OVER INTO THE CANISTER.
Fig. 2 FUEL CONTROL VALVE
1 - CAVITY NUMBER LOCATION
8. Some vehicles may have a fuel filler tube recirculation line that is plugged or restricted with
paint from the filler tube supplierís manufacturing process. Remove the fuel filler tube.
9. To check for this condition insert a small ball bearing (1/4 in.) at the fuel tank end
of the fuel filler tube recirculation line. If the line isnít blocked the ball bearing will
travel freely through the recirculation line and out into the larger tube. If plugged
or restricted, replace the fuel filler tube assembly, p/n 04581319AB.
10. Install the fuel tank and replace the fuel that was drained.
11. Connect the battery and set the clock to the correct time.
Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.
Labor Operation No: Description Amount
14-60-01-90 Inspect/Repair Fuel Vent Line, LDP Filter
and Fuel Control Valve