Chrysler Repair/hazard lights not working: '03 Sebring coupe

I have a Chrysler Sebring coupe lxi 2003. When I push the hazard button in the hazard lights do not work at all. The bulbs are fine and the fuses are fine I've checked them both. Since the hazard lights are tied in with the turn signals I checked them and they are fine also. The clerk at the auto zone told me its the hazard light relay/switch. Does this sound right to you and can someone with basic automotive repair knowledge do this work. Does this sound right to you. Thank you for your time. Anthony K.

Hi Anthony,
If it is indeed the switch then to test that I would simply remove the switch from the panel in which it it located (it appears that if you lift gently around the edges that the switch will come out). There is a plug with 4 pins but only 2 are attached to wires (pins 1 and 2).
If you have a continuity tester or an ohm meter you could measure between those two pins of the switch proper and you should find that there is no connection (infinite ohms) between them when the switch is off, and a continuous connection when the switch is on (or 0 ohms resistance reading). So you can then decide if the switch needs to be replaced on the basis of that testing. You could try spraying some electrical contact cleaner inside the sitch body through a crack if the switch isn't working in case you could correct its funstion that way. A friend with a volt-ohm meter or continuity tester can do the measurement so this is a no cost diagnosis. A continuity tester is under $10. Let me know what you find, and if the switch is OK then I can tell you how to check through the rest of the circuit for a fuse or relay problem.
Please "rate" my answer (see PS below). If you would say 'yes' to a nomination of me to be 'volunteer of the month at all experts I would be most appreciative.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).