Chrysler Repair/no heat:'99 Jeep Cherokee

Question
1999 jeep Cherokee sport,4.0L,heater blows cold air. fan and a/c work. Is there a simple way to r/u heating coil without replacing it.

Also, is there somewhere online to that shows the fuse diagram dash and under hood for 96 Plymouth grand voyager?
Thank you,
Theresa

Answer
Hi Theresa,
The lack of heat may be due to a lack of flow of hot engine coolant through the heater "coil" (could be too low a level of coolant in the system, clogged tubing/hose, etc) or the door which sends the incoming air either over the heater coil or the a/c coil may not be sending it over the heated coil when you request heat. The first possibility is assessed by touching the incoming and outgoing heater hoses that are found at the firewall in the engine compartment at the midline of the body (directly in front of where the heat/ac box in the cabin is located). After the engine is warmed up carefully touch both hoses to see whether they are of similar temperature or whether one is hot and the other cold. If about equally hot then the flow through is adequate and so you would then need to check out the air door (blend door) that should direct the air over the heater coil. My nearest manual for the Jeep is an '06 so the design may have changed but I can tell you for that one how to find the door contrel device to check it out. You should not have to replace the heater coil unless you find coolant is leaking onto the rug under the unit below the dash, and even if that were the case you might be able to fix that with 'stop leak'.
I have the '96 minivan manual and so I can answer any question you have about the fuses. I can copy and postal mail the pages that show whatever you need to know about the wiring of that vehicle.
Please 'rate' my answer (see below).
Thanks,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston