Chrysler Repair/leaking antifreeze from rear heater line: minivan

Question
I have a 98 plymouth voyager 3.3L. I'm leaking antifreeze from a metal line that rusted out about half way back under the van.  What are these metal lines called and how can i fix the leak?

Answer
Hi James,
Those are lines that run to and back from the heater core in the rear of the cabin. You might be able at low cost to go to a plumbing supply store and purchase a leak sealing "clamp" with rubber liner that fits around the line if it is not too badly damaged. These come in various sizes depending upon the outside diameter of the metal line.  Or alternatively replace the entire line from where if has fittings, at both ends, buying the line from a dealer or perhaps a trade-type of auto parts store can order it at lower cost.
The front joint is just back of the front crossmember and has conventional couplings, while at the rear it is located under the heater core proper at the rear and is just after  where the line bends vertically upward; and it has a quick-disconnect which is released by squeezing on the 'ears' that protrude from the flange at the joint. At both end locations use care to not force open the connections so as to not damage them.
Please 'rate' my answer (see PS below).
Thanks,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston